NOTE: The closing date for this position has already passed
- Category: Community Development, Social Work
- Location: Phnom Penh
- Schedule: Full-time
Duties + Requirements
- Has in-depth understanding of Christian faith to facilitate international visitors
- Emotional maturity
- Compassionate, respectful of other cultures and emotionally stable
- Self-starter, well organized and demonstrated advanced planning skills
- Commitment to uphold core World Renew development and relief concepts, models and values
- Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to implement, improve and integrate community development concepts, values and ideas into service learning activities
- Able and willing to work in a team setting; able to develop team skills in others
- Basic competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, Email and Internet required
- Language – Excellent working knowledge of the English language and fluent in the Khmer Language-speaking, reading and writing.
- Passionate about and understands developmental approaches
- Adaptable in the midst of an ambiguous environment
- Able to handle conflict and challenge negative practices in a constructive and appropriate manner
- Able to outline, implement and follow processes and procedures which ensure program success
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent of university courses and working experience.
- At least one year of cross-cultural experience is desired.
- At least one year of work in community development is highly desired.
- PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS
- Stress of regular travel in rural areas (unpaved roads, security concerns, etc.).
- Stress of managing multiple personalities, expectations and cross cultural relationships towards common outcomes.
- Managing ambiguity within your work environment.
- OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be flexible and adaptable and able to view life with a sense of humor.
Christian Reformed WThis job originally taken from the Bong Thom dot Com web siteorld Relief Committee-Cambodia
Copyright © 2000 to 2013. Krawma Co.